Marshall EL34 100/100 mod for 4 ohm output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    Oh, and I hope you liked the west coast here. That's my home and I've lived up and down it.
    It was great thanks, (what little I saw of it) I was working at Lawrence Livermore and only got out at weekends. I enjoyed walking over the Bay Bridge and driving up and down the coast road (highway 1 or 101 I can't remember). Did you live in Oakland a while back? I remember drinking Guinness in a pub there a couple of times and I drove over the bridge from there to San Francisco then around the bay back to Livermore. The following weekend we went to Yosemite. I stood at the bottom of El Capitan looking up thinking I'd need my brown trousers to climb up that (I used to do a bit of rock climbing)

Comment

I lived a long while in San Jose (in the S.F. bay area) so I know Livermore, Oakland and San Fran very well. It's good you got out a bit while there. So much of the human occupation there is a metropolis of one city blending into all the others and it's easy to miss the fact that most of the landscape is forested hills and mountains. Yosemite is great. I haven't seen much of it, but I know the area well enough because I fly fish. Guinness is ok I guess, but if you're ever in my neck of the PNW I'll buy you an even better beer This place is lousy with great micro breweries.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Guinness isn't my first choice either but it was a time before you had micro breweries so it was either Guinness or one of the mega breweries. I've met two people off Ampage but I haven't been back to the USA since 1997 when I was working in Amarillo. At the weekend I visited a fellow Ampager in Lubbock and saw Peggy Sue at a cook out

Comment

I have an EL34 100/100 on the bench.
          Here's a pic from the OT.Click image for larger version

Name:	EL34OT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	708.3 KB
ID:	856689

Comment

Originally posted by strato56 View Post
            I have an EL34 100/100 on the bench.
            Here's a pic from the OT.[ATTACH=CONFIG]56917[/ATTACH]
            Thank you Strato56. I'm adding this post to the current thread on this topic where it will be even more useful.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Please make any comments at new thread here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=50532
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
              X