Boss Ph-1R problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Ph-1R problem

I hooked a BOSS PSA-120 adapter to my PH-1r by mistake and now it won`t work with a adapter but only works with a 9V. Suggestions on what to check/look for????Resistors,caps?????

Originally posted by Kangbee View Post
    I hooked a BOSS PSA-120 adapter to my PH-1r by mistake and now it won`t work with a adapter but only works with a 9V. Suggestions on what to check/look for????Resistors,caps?????

I don’t think that PSA-120 is a really cause of this fault. It differs from an original adapter (ACF or something like that) only by regulated output (even better), and has the same 9V voltage.

But in any case, if the device works properly with battery, likely protection diode D1 is out of order (shorted). Genuine part is RD11EB3, but it can be replaced with any zener diode 11V / 1W.

Comment

The protection diode is a possibility, but the diode applies to the battery source as well. It's a pretty old pedal. At first I wondered if the contact in the jack just hadn't been pushed out of the way so that it is "stuck" on battery source and won't revert to external source when a plug is inserted. But then I realized that insertion of a plug disables the bettery by moving a contact out of the way, and recognized that this particualr diagnosis was likely wrong.

Q: Do we know that the PSA functions properly?

Comment

Working...
      X