X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1018 Humbucker Slugs and Screws

Anybody in the mood to sell some?

Dennis has a few different screws listed
    items - Get great deals on Humbucker Bobbins, Pole Screws items on eBay Stores!
    items - Get great deals on Humbucker Bobbins, Pole Screws items on eBay Stores!
    cheers ........Craig
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

is 1018 the alloy used in the original pafs?

Comment

Has anyone else here used the Microfastner bobbin screws.
        Copperhead told me about them. They are a little bigger, and maybe just a bit bigger head, but They sound great.
        I just got my pretty good size order from Dennis, He sure seems to give your moneys worth.
        Terry
        Last edited by big_teee; 10-03-2010, 04:50 AM.
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by guitar_slinger8 View Post
          is 1018 the alloy used in the original pafs?
          Im not sure what the original PAF'S were .1018 ,1022 maybe i would buy all the different screws you can find & try them to see what you like
          It would not surprise me if suppliers selling screws that claim there a certain alloy & they are something different especially if it comes from overseas.....
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

No 1018 in original PAF's. The keeper was an odd steel called 1019. The screws are low carbon, and the slugs are a different alloy alltogether.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
              No 1018 in original PAF's. The keeper was an odd steel called 1019. The screws are low carbon, and the slugs are a different alloy alltogether.
              I have some 1010 slugs. I haven't tried them yet, I think they will have a warmer sound.
              If you drag a Mill Bastard Flat File over them, they seem pretty soft.
              I notice the screws I can get are 1018, and 1022, I guess the 1010 isn't hard enough to make screws out of?
              Rock On!
              Terry
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Working...
              X