Help solving Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410 reverb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help solving Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410 reverb problem

I just installed a new reverb tank into my HRD 410 when I turned the amp on I played it for about a minute and the reverb vorked fine then the reverb cut off and now I can't hear the reverb at all
    because it worked I'm sure I plugged the reverb tank the proper way and that the reverb tank works

when I shake the amp I can hear the spring touching and can control the volume with the reverb knob so the reverb return path works
    also I don't believe that the input coil in the revrb tank could burn out after a minute of playing

what could this be ?
    it worked for a minute then died ?

Make sure the tank is the same model as the original.
    Measure the input connection in the tank with a multimeter. Must be somewhat below 2000 ohms.
    If you find continuity, the problem is elsewhere: poor contact in the connector, a problem with the reverb driver...

Comment

the tank is the same model as the original
      and the values on the input and output are right
      just can't figure this out
      this is the flakiest amp Fender ever made
      I still regret I got rid of my Twin Reverb

Comment

The reverb circuit drive & return are based on an opamp circuit.
        Look at the schematic at IC U2A.
        Pin #3 is TP 19.
        Verify that you have a 1.13 Vac signal entering the IC.
        Then test pin #1. TP 20.
        That is the IC output.
        The output should have a gain of 10.

Comment

well this amp is a major flake lol
          I connected the reverb input from the amp to my stereo and played a few strums very strong signal is coming out it almost busted my stereo
          after that I plugged in an output from CD player to the reverb return of the amp and it played also the reverb knob works
          Now I connected the reverb return cable of the map to the reverb tank and to the input of the tank my cd player .. the tank works I can hear the music with the reverb effect
          so I connected everything back as it suppose to be and now the reverb works

I have to wait till it stops working again so I can trouble shoot it
          very strange
          I also tried to rock the reverb op amp and it seems to be firm not lose

Maybe Fender should rename it to Flakester 410

Comment

Nice troubleshooting!
            Sounds like a flaky cord.
            Check continuity from end to end & flrx the cable.

Comment

Was the old tank working? If so, like JP said it is most likely a cable or connector problem.
              If you replaced the tank because of a reverb problem, it could be the tank was not the problem and there is some other intermittent fault.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
              X