Need Help with Peavey cs800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Peavey cs800

i need some help figuring out where this blue wire connects to. I don't really know how to read the schematic and it hurts my brain when i try to. i also replaced the switch and wondered if anyone knew if it mattered which side was up? please helpClick image for larger version

Name:	cs800 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	862888

It goes down to the terminal sreip behind it in the photo. As to where on it, hard to say. Can't see the strip and don't know where the other wires are coming from. The schematic I got and I know how to read it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 2.jpg
Size:	528.3 KB
ID:	819099Click image for larger version

Name:	2 2.jpg
Size:	423.2 KB
ID:	819100Click image for larger version

Name:	3 2.jpg
Size:	462.7 KB
ID:	819101
      hopefully this helps. i just need to figure out where that loose wire goes. please help.

Comment

This is REALLY hard without the unit in front of me. I THINK, that is THINK, that the loose wire goes to the same terminal where the darker blue wire from the transformer is plugged on - that is #6 counting from the left.

When I am inside one, I know what I am looking at and don't have a problem. But even with all the years I ahve worked on these, I always draw up a little chart if I am going onto those wires.

There is a thermostat on each heat sink module. It is like a switch that turns off if it gets too hot. That is what the twisted pairs of wires are up to each module. Your loose one goes up and its friend comes back down to a post, then one of the wires from the other one plug on that same post. Each post has like four tabs. The second wire from that side comes back down to a post. SO if you think about it that just means that the two thermal switches are wired in series. So, of the two pairs, one wire each join in hte middle. Leaving two "end" wires. One of those ends connects to the transformer. The other end wire connects to the triac. The triac is that square thing between the terminal strip and the transformer, with three wires plugged onto it. The end wires do not go directly to those places, they go to postws on the strip, and those places send their own wire to the strip.

And if all that fails, contact customerservice@peavey.com and ask if they have a chart for wiring the AC wiring terminal strip in the CS800. Or the repair department there.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

well it didn't blow up, so thanks for helping.

Comment

Was that right then? Did that fix it, and it now works? Or are we just happy it didn;t blow up? If that was it, I am tickled we got it right.

Comment

yep the amp works! but i think i shorted out my power switch in the process cause now i cant turn it off.

Comment

Remember the big triac on the bottom there, the three wire thing? THAT is your power switch. The rocker on the panel just turns the triac off and on. Chances are real good the triac is shorted. it is either a Q4025 or a Q4040. Of course there is the possibility that some other wires got moved and causing this.

Or just use the wall plug to turn it off.

Comment

ok sweet. i'll definitely look in to that. thanks for all ur help

Comment

Working...
                  X