Input resistor and some more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input resistor and some more

So I bought a Krank Revolution for a ridiculous price. The clean is awesome and the drive channel sounds like well... idk. Crap to put it lightly. It's harsh and almost square wave sounding... I'm gonna do my best with comparing the circuits to others until my 3 book set by Merlin Blencowe gets here. I read a pdf with one chapter and I was so surprised that I actually understood the math.

Ok, that being said... This amp doesn't have a resistor to ground after the ring connection like I'm noticing in a lot of preamp designs. Should I put one in there? Also, what gain stage is most likely to be the culprit or is it just a harsh design overall? I'm doing my best to trace these things out, but can't find any schematics for the Krank. Found an accurate ENGL screamer that someone built on metroamp though. Wouldn't mind using a few ideas from that on this, haha.

I have a Bugera 333XL and the clean is almost as good and the lead is so much better... Should I just give up on this, swap the output trannies, and put the Rev on Ebay and save the headache?

And hello everyone, I'm pretty new here.
    Last edited by JacksonRR; 10-03-2010, 05:53 AM.
Working...
X