Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic Guitar Amp

Hi there,

I am looking for a schematic of an acoustic guitar amplifier, but until now I havenīt found one.
    Does anybody have a schematic?
    Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Oli
    DIY: Soldano X88R, Peavey 5150, Boss AC-2,BD-2,BF-2,CE-2,DM-2,DS-1,DS-2,HM-2,MD-2,MT-2,NF-1,OC-2,OD-1,OD-2,OD-3,OS-2,PH-1,SD-1,SD-2,SG-1,SP-1,TW-1,XT-2,Rocktave Divider,Small Stone,Woody,STL,TS10,TS9,TS808,Obsidian 1+2,EasyVibe,Ultraflanger,Zombie Chorus,Dynacomp,Phase180, PT-80,MU-TRON,MXR Envelope

Most of the majors make one or more model, so steal a circuit.

The thing is, an "acoustic" amp is really just a small portable PA system. Generally they tack on reverb and chorus and stuff, but for the most part the point of it is to amplify the guitar to sound like... the guitar. In other words it is there to REproduce the sound fed into it as opposed to producing the sound in the first place. Amps for electric guitars have sounds of their own and are part of the instrument. That is why one guy plays a Marshall and another guy a Fender.

The guys who play the Martins and Taylors and what not want their axe to stil sound like a MArtin when it comes out the speaker.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Most of the majors make one or more model, so steal a circuit.

The thing is, an "acoustic" amp is really just a small portable PA system. Generally they tack on reverb and chorus and stuff, but for the most part the point of it is to amplify the guitar to sound like... the guitar. In other words it is there to REproduce the sound fed into it as opposed to producing the sound in the first place. Amps for electric guitars have sounds of their own and are part of the instrument. That is why one guy plays a Marshall and another guy a Fender.

The guys who play the Martins and Taylors and what not want their axe to stil sound like a MArtin when it comes out the speaker.
      Hi Enzo,

thanks for your reply, but anyway I have no idea, how to build an acoustic amp. So I would be very glad, if I can get a schematic. It need not to be a tube amp - the main thing is, that its sound is good.

Regards,
      Oli
      DIY: Soldano X88R, Peavey 5150, Boss AC-2,BD-2,BF-2,CE-2,DM-2,DS-1,DS-2,HM-2,MD-2,MT-2,NF-1,OC-2,OD-1,OD-2,OD-3,OS-2,PH-1,SD-1,SD-2,SG-1,SP-1,TW-1,XT-2,Rocktave Divider,Small Stone,Woody,STL,TS10,TS9,TS808,Obsidian 1+2,EasyVibe,Ultraflanger,Zombie Chorus,Dynacomp,Phase180, PT-80,MU-TRON,MXR Envelope

Comment

Personally, I'd probably take Albert Kreuzer's JFET bass preamp

http://www.albertkreuzer.com/preamp.htm

and bolt it onto whatever solid-state power amp module you can get your hands on, then put it all in a combo cabinet with a couple of 8" woofers and a tweeter horn with crossover. A phase reverse switch is nice, and also some amps have a mic preamp built in.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
        X