Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for MESA BOOGIE mark I reverb circuit

hey guys,
    i've got an '85 mesa SOB and i want to add a reverb circuit. i'm toying with the idea
    of modifying the rest of the amp to MARK I specs, so i thought i'd start by using the
    MARK I reverb circuit.
    can't find a schematic of a MARK I that has reverb. anyone here got one?
    also, i can read a schematic and change parts and repair amps and everything like that, but i have little theory under my belt to know how certain mods will affect the amp tonally.
    so, i can see the differences between a MARK I and an S.O.B. on paper, but having never owned a MARK I, i don't fully understand what the sonic difference between the amps would be by looking at the schematics. the S.O.B. can sound great to my ears, but i don't know that it sounds "classic". being a fan of 70's ampegs, 70's marshalls and blackface fenders i'm kind of just guessing that the MARK I sounds more similar to that vibe than the S.O.B. does. any thoughts there?
    thanks guys!

anyone know if the other mark series amps use the same reverb circuit as a mark I? i could probably find one of those schematics pretty easily.

Comment

Heres a link to a website which contains a load of Mesa schematics. You can find different Mark I schematics there:
      http://tubefreak.com/mesa.htm Follow the links on the left side...

Comment

thanks a lot for the link!

Comment

ok. i'm pretty serious about this now
          who's got an SOB w/ reverb that i can ask a bunch of questions of?

Comment

Working...
          X