Silvertone 1449 help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1449 help.

Hello everyone. New guy here with a broken heirloom I have had my Grandad's old 1449 Amp-In_case set here. He has long been passed away. (1988) I have been playing the guitar from the set for a number of years, but, never tried to use the amp. Well, the other day I plugged it in and turned the switch on, and , nothing. No glow, no hum, nothing. The fuse is good and i hear no loose parts inside. I was wondering if maybe you guys could walk me through some troubleshooting and, possibly repair. Now, I have some experience with electronics through ham radio, so, I'm not scared to get into this thing, I just would rather have some guidance from more experienced people, and maybe there's someone here who has the same amp even. Looking forward to your replies.

Randy

It has no sign of life. right? What would you do if you plugged in a radio and got no sign of life? Circuits are circuits. The amplifier here is no different from the amplifier in the audio section of a radio. Maybe more powerful, maybe more involved, but it is just an amplifier.

The fuse is OK, so move on. Is the power switch OK, is the fuse holder OK, does the power cord have continuity, does the power transformer primary have continuity? is the 120VAC mains getting to the power transformer? Is there any secondary voltages then?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorted! Combo of loose tube socket and shoddy power cord. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X