Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan tweak Fuzz

Anyone got one of these?
    I bought one and it's just awful. God how I wish I hadn't wasted my money on it. Can't get any setting to sound nice.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

It is just a fuzz face copy...adding a tonestack works wonders though.

Comment

Spent all afternoon Tweaking it and changing it's position in the chain. Even tried it in the FX loop of the amp. It's rubbish. I think I'll just put it away until everyone else has thrown theirs away and then I'll sell it on Ebay.
      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Spence
        Spent all afternoon Tweaking it and changing it's position in the chain. Even tried it in the FX loop of the amp. It's rubbish. I think I'll just put it away until everyone else has thrown theirs away and then I'll sell it on Ebay.
        If you don't like the tonality, changing it's position in the chain and especially running it through the effects loop won't make it better. You either need to modify it, run an eq after it, or get rid of it!

Comment

It's not so much about the tonality. It's about the horrible fuzz. ie it's not a nice fuzz, more of an irritation. It made an awsome sound when I threw it against the wall though
          sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

I thought fuzz boxes were meant to sound like that. I've always hated the things. A Big Muff sounds good on bass mind you.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I use a Mesa Boogie F50 and it's probably part of the problem as it's very hard sounding. I've just ordered a speaker from Weber Speakers in the USA (www.webervst.com ) . It's a lightly doped vintage AlNiCo so that should sweeten things up a bit. If not the Teak fuzz will be put under the stairs until it's worth something.....
              sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
              X