Marshall 2205 Solid State Slave Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 2205 Solid State Slave Head

Bit of a weird one this. Its solid state, definitely labelled 2205. From the trim I'd say mid 70s.

Anyone got a schematic? Looks like a pretty uncontroversial transistor/op amp design.

Marshall Amps Info & Schematics
    Look at the 5210 model schematic, see if that is the one.
    Page #1 of the manual lists a 2205. http://www.drtube.com/schematics/mar...-sc-manual.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      Bit of a weird one this. Its solid state, definitely labelled 2205. From the trim I'd say mid 70s.

Anyone got a schematic? Looks like a pretty uncontroversial transistor/op amp design.

2205 schematics that I have relate to JCM800 tube amp, not to transistor/opamp design.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
        2205 schematics that I have relate to JCM800 tube amp, not to transistor/opamp design.
        Yes I'm familiar with the 2205 JCM800 valve design - thats why i said it was weird.

A bit of poking around on the net shows that this one was introduced in the mid 70s - only lasted for a year or so - and the model number was reused for the JCM800. It appears to be the same as the power amp section of the 2098 Solid State JMP.

Comment

On the first page is written:

"2205_________50 watt Split Channel Valve"

In other words, if model is 2205, the amp is valve.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
            In other words, if model is 2205, the amp is valve.
            I'm afraid you're mistaken. The transistor 2205 is mentioned on P.146
            of The Illustrated History Of Marshall:

Amazon.com: A History of Marshall The Illustrated Story Of The Sound Of Rock (9780793525096): Michael Doyle: Books

Comment

Big problem is, Marshall *does* reuse model numbers, in absolutely unrelated products.
              The 2205 in that user manual gets paired with the 5210 which is *definitely* a transistor amp.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X