No announcement yet.

JTM45 cascading gain "one-wire" mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re "mods", I had a 1967 Plymouth Fury III back in the late 80's. Without a doubt, my favorite car ever, wish I still had it. It was 4 door, with 3 speed manual on the tree, and power windows, power brakes power steering. When I went to pick up the car after buying it, the driver side window would not go up, when I pushed the window button. I asked the owner, and he said "Ohhh, you just have to lift up the control panel, and push on these two wires...". Sure, enough, pulled up the control box on the driver side door panel, found a certain wire in the big fat bundle of wires, pushed on it, it made a little spark and the window moved! (Of course, the 67 Fury didn't have > 430v DC).
    The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
      I had a 1967 Plymouth Fury III... Without a doubt, my favorite car ever, wish I still had it.
      That was the car I rode around in as a kid. My parents car. 1967 Plymouth Fury III. Except ours had an automatic transmission. The standard motor was the 383. They sold it to a guy that put in a four speed manual transmission, took out the bench seat, installed buckets and painted it orange. Of course with the cursory higher performance cam, high rise aluminum intake manifold, Holly 4 barrel carb, headers and glass packs. These mods would typically be done on a two door model but the guy liked the 4 door better for his own reasons. We saw it around the neighborhood for years until the Ca. smog laws made near impossible for hot rods to get registration.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
        That was the car I rode around in as a kid. My parents car. 1967 Plymouth Fury III. Except ours had an automatic transmission. The standard motor was the 383. They sold it to a guy that put in a four speed manual transmission, took out the bench seat, installed buckets and painted it orange. Of course with the cursory higher performance cam, high rise aluminum intake manifold, Holly 4 barrel carb, headers and glass packs. These mods would typically be done on a two door model but the guy liked the 4 door better for his own reasons. We saw it around the neighborhood for years until the Ca. smog laws made near impossible for hot rods to get registration.

Chuck, how cool is that. I tell you, I miss that car. yeah, 383 was a real mover. My 4 door was only a 318 but even with that battleship body, it still moved a lot better than these new cars do.

No kidding, I didn't know that CA made it difficult to get old cars registered. I thought there were antique car laws that grandfathered them in. Too bad. When you step on the gas hard in those old machines, you leave a wake of noxious gas fumes behind you. No catalytic converters, big carburetors dumping gas down the pipes like a toilet flushing. I do miss that old boat. Still have a photo of it around someplace.
        The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

I had one of those Fury III's too. '68 with 318, auto, & posi rear end. Best car I ever owned. Could go anywhere in the winter and not get stuck.
          Another one with electrical issues. Someone had mickey moused the air conditioning with a household style light switch to turn it off and on. One day I hit the switch and everything died. I seem to recall a blown out wiring harness but I'm not sure. Back in those days I was good with mechanical but had little electrical knowledge so it got parked. Had I been able to fix that at the time, I'd probably still be driving it. But now I've moved into more modern stuff, '77 K15 GMC pickup.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X