mojo 1/2 lb p.e 42 awg spool question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mojo 1/2 lb p.e 42 awg spool question

hi im new here first wanted to say hello to everyone and i pleased to be here.now to my question has anyone bought any of the 1/2 lb p.e ?if so i was just wondering if anyone out there is also having trouble with this stuff kinks and it seems as though they are re-spooling too tight or something i don't know what the deal is but ive contacted them they sent me a free one witch was cool of them but i have the same trouble.wire even gets caught on spool edges.i just don't believe in fixing breaks.im going back to elektrisola nice beveled edges not sanded flat edges.even if i have to buy the 5 pounder from bae.i never had any trouble when using elek. i apologize for rambling on just had a long night of winding and breaks with the mojo 1/2 pounder and was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with this stuff thx for any of your thoughts,derek

I recently bought a 1/2 spool of 42 plain enamel from Mojo so I could do a rewind on a 65 Mustang pickup and to have some to use for the future. It worked great for me. I didn't have any snags but I do always lightly sand the edges of my spools anyway because there can be unseen snags on the edge from being shipped around. Maybe try that or feed off the other end. You could just send the spool back for a refund. They always make things right for me no questions asked if I have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochild View Post
      I recently bought a 1/2 spool of 42 plain enamel from Mojo so I could do a rewind on a 65 Mustang pickup and to have some to use for the future. It worked great for me. I didn't have any snags but I do always lightly sand the edges of my spools anyway because there can be unseen snags on the edge from being shipped around. Maybe try that or feed off the other end. You could just send the spool back for a refund. They always make things right for me no questions asked if I have a problem.
      I agree with voodoo. Sand lightly the reel edges, and I've had spools that occassionly you have to turn around. If when you are winding and it starts kinking, even though you are applying enough pressure, you need to turn the spool around and feed off the other end.
      Good Luck,
      Rock on!
      Terry
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

+1 on what the others have said. Also, are you letting it unspool from the floor up to where you are guiding it and tensioning? If not this will help by doing it that way.

Comment

Many thanks to those who replied

I HAVENT TRIED DE-SPOOLING FROM THE FLOOR BUT I WILL GIVE IT A GO ,I HAD A ROUGH NIGHT OF WINDING I THINK.I PROBLEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A BREAK AFTER THE SECOND SNAG AND BREAK .LIGHTLY SANDING THE EDGES SOUNDS LIKE THE ANSWER FOR SURE I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS.IT WOULD BE GREAT IF MOJO WOULD DO 1/2 POUNDERS ON TAPERED SPOOLS BUT WE GOTTA WORK WITH WHAT WE CAN GET I SUPPOSE.I WAS JUST A BIT FRUSTRATED LAST NIGHT.AS ALL OF US DO I TRY TO MAKE THE PERFECT PICKUP INCLUDING TENSION.HOW THE LAYERS ARE FORMING AND NO BREAKS.AGAIN THANK YOU TO ALL WHO REPLIED AND FOR THE TIPS I,M HEADED TO THE WINDER TO GIVE IT ANOTHER GO

Comment

Originally posted by madialex View Post
            +1 on what the others have said. Also, are you letting it unspool from the floor up to where you are guiding it and tensioning? If not this will help by doing it that way.
            Yes, despool from the floor. Since I have been doing it that way I haven't had any problems with wire breakage.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
            X