My new winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new winder

I completely and un-ashamedly lifted this idea from SK's website. Although he did a little more modification than I did.

The only thing I did to the lathe was reverse the motor. I like the bobbin to come up on the wire rather than down. It came stock with a speed control so that was it. It has a slow start and stops on a dime so there was no real need to modify the electronics.

I used the wood left over from my first winder so it is a little rough looking, but you get the general idea. Once I have spent some serious time with it I will probably re-do some of the woodwork to be a little more finished looking.
    www.tonefordays.com

Nice set up. Since you used a lathe as the basis for the motor I’m assuming that it generates a lot of torque. I’m thinking that this set up could be good for winding transformer bobbins. Is anyone on this forum winding their own transformers?

Tom

Comment

It probably would be. As for torque it has a pretty slow start up so I don't really know. But I imagine I could break the wire if I wanted to.
      www.tonefordays.com

Comment

It´s not a Grizzly ,is it?

Comment

No. It came from Canadian Tire and I can't remember the make, or even if it had one. Could have been the in-house brand.
          www.tonefordays.com

Comment

Working...
          X