No announcement yet.

Forbon available..... PE Wire maker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbon available..... PE Wire maker...

Vulcanised fibreboard is available from Menzies electrical in Australia
    ( google it ) , last price I got was around $40aus PSM , depends on thickness etc , they have red and blue also , oooh what a great idea for bobbin tops , blue for blues , red for red hot etc..and so on ( be quick before it's patented or some shit ) so maybe YOUR local electrical supplier would stock it too.

American Wire Corp , Sandy Hook Conn has PE and Formvar wire , from the emails I received they make it themselves , to expensive for shipping for me but some of you US guys might be alright with it , can't vouch for them but they were quick with emails and info...

More to follow....

Mick

hmmmm.......

My contacts with them weren't encouraging. They aren't AWC they bought some tooling or took over their space. They told me they failed at making PE and quit trying. They don't seem interested in anything except large orders, never could dig a price for 10lbs of wire out of them, I think you need to place a decent order to get their attention....
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

more, forgot

they also told me they were consistently higher priced than everyone else. Anyway , its good to know they are there but I could never get anywhere with them....
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

They told me none of this? they did say they were a manufacturer and not a retailer but were happy to supply PE , maybe being as they have stopped making it they have some substandard shit they were trying to pass on ?, it happens.. but they were happy to supply 5lbs or more , price did adjust according to how much you wanted ,
        Mick

Comment

Hey Mick

Got an email addy for them? I cant find them on google.

Comment

Can't find the email addy....Here's what I have. Mick

American Wire Corp.
            1 Wire Rd., P.O. Box 667
            Sandy Hook, CT 06482
            Phone: 203-426-3133
            Fax: 203-426-3805

thomas net has heaps of suppliers..

Comment

info

I asked the guy alot of questions, if they have PE its MWS they are reselling, no one has any other kind of PE in this country shit or otherwise. Don't bother contacting them unless you have $300-600 minimum to spend, they weren't interested in my 10lb minimum order. Email answering is spotty at best, had to send multiple same subject emails to get any response. I think the guy is a good Joe, they just don't really want to deal with small pickup makers.....
              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Anything is worth a try guys , they came across as very easy to deal with for me , and were happy to sell me 5lbs of PE AND ship to Australia, also answered all my emails promptly so maybe I got someone different to Dave ? maybe worth a try for some of you....

Mick

**** oops , did I say PE?? I meant formvar*** Sorry Dave...
                Last edited by mick; 03-05-2007, 04:28 AM.

Comment

contact

It was Chris, did you use the same guy? What rate did they charge you for the formvar? Per lb. price? Was it heavy formvar or single build? I don't really have any needs right now but may try again.
                  Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Yep Chris was his name , not sure of the price to be honest Dave , it was a few moths ago but it was a bit more expensive than some other places , but he was going to send it all on one spool , not three over half empty ones .. maybe if they realise that there's a reasonable market they might come to the party a bit more ??

Mick

### it was heavy formvar ###

Comment

Working...
                    X