Samson DB500a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samson DB500a

I'm looking for a schematic for a Samson db500a. The woofer is working fine, but i'm getting nothing from the horn. The horn itself is fine, as is the crossover. The top driver board itself is working fine as well. I'm wondering if one of the two relays is used for the horn?

DOn't know, post the schematic, then we can look at it too.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Samson db500a Schematic

Here is the schematic for the db500a.
      The file was too big, so I used CutePDF to break it down.
      I also added the freq sweep graph.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh cool, thanks.

I see I worded my other post clumsily, sorry.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorry stereo but all I can see is the preamp, the low frequency power amp and a frequency curve, but nothing about either the high band power amp or the speaker connexion.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

High Out is on page 3.
            Speaker relay is on page 5.

Comment

OK, thanks.
              I had only opened the first page.
              It sure must be a LOUD box.
              It seems that the only solution is to trace signal stage by stage until losing it.
              Yes, the relay is suspect, but you should check whether it has failed proper or it's triggered and doing its job.
              In that case, why?
              The 7317 driving it can be triggered by overcurrent across emitter resistors, temperature, or DC at the speaker terminals ... or some plain failure, although in that case both relays should be cutting sound, since their driving coils are in parallel.
              Good luck.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Does anyone have an idea why Samson db500a amp would start clicking inside and not play any sound out of the low end when it clicks. The high end is fine and does not click off when the low end turns off. No! I am not over driving the speaker the speaker is hooked up to an ipod for testing. Even with no audio running through it you can still hear the relay clicking. Does anyone have an idea why this would be happening. Thank you in Advanced. Rick

Comment

Did you check your solder connections? I was working on a Fender Blues Deluxe with a relay problem similiar to what you're talking about. The low voltage feed going to it was bad. Then again, could be the relay itself.

Comment

It may briefly be going into "protect".
                    Monitor the output for any Volts dc while playing a signal through the amp.
                    I agree it could very well be an inferior solder joint.

Comment

There was a similar posting about Samsons a short time ago, where, .
                      against all suspicion, the culprit was the relay itself (meaning they are very low quality) Search and read it.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hi can you reupload the schematica? thankss

Comment

Here you go.
                          Attached Files

Comment

many thans my friend

Comment

Working...
                            X