Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to add a reverb into the Gibson GA 20 circut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to add a reverb into the Gibson GA 20 circut?

I am working on building a gibson GA 20. I was at my dad's house going through his old electronics cabinet and I came across a brand new spring reverb. It is just the spring componet and I would like to work it into the GA 20 circut and add it into the cabinet. I have a small 4 watt 6sl6 stand alone preamp that I can use as parts if it would be helpfull.

I have a copy of express PCB so if you have that program I can look at any designs you have.

This is my first tube amp build so I want to make it something special..

Thanks,

Scott

You need to measure the dc resistance of the input and output of the spring transducers before designing a circuit. There are many different types. The lower impedance inputs are generally for transformer use, while the higher ones are used with transistors or OTL tube circuits. As well there are some that fly around the middle values.
    I think the Accutronics website is still up, they have the values of DC resistance which are equivalent to which impedance. ::::::::: Accu Bell Sound Inc :::::::::
    The valve wizard website also has good information on reverb drivers. Otherwise, taking a known circuit from Fender or Ampeg is generally considered a good idea.How to design valve guitar amplifiers

Comment

adding reverb

Take a look at this:

Adding 1-tube reverb

With respect, Tubenit

Comment

Working...
      X