Acoustic 370 Schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic 370 Schematic?

Anyone have a legible schematic for an Acoustic 370 Bass Amp? Everything I can find is too blurred to read component values.

Thanks!

Send me an email with Acoustic 370 SChematic as the subject line

tmenzo at msn dot com
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Done! Thanks!

Comment

Onna way
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Note to board admin: nothing like typing a long arse post and having the board boot your login after only 10 mins so you lose it.....................................

Got the schematic, thanks!!

I agreed to work on this thing for someone I do tube amp work for. Solid state is NOT my thing and I havent been up to snuff on it since school a long time ago. From the symptom, I thought it was a loose connect and would take 5 mins if that once I had it open. No such luck.

The symptoms are as follows:
          1) Low Power. This is rated at 250RMS into 4 ohms; into my 8 ohm cab if its putting out more than about 50-75 watts I'd be shocked.
          2) Ocassional loud crackling noise.

What its not: Its not a loose connect to the jacks, and its not a bad connect on the internal wiring. I havent resoldered every board trace so it could be that, but it doesnt act like it. No amount of physical tapping, pulling, wiggling, etc. makes a difference or induces the ocassional noise or eliminates the power loss. The big electrolytics look ok physically and test ok on the cap meter, although they've drifted up over the years by as much as 15%.

I'd think if a transistor had gone bad, it would have shorted and it would be blowing fuses (like on most solid state amps I agree to look at), but I'm no transistor expert so I dont know.

Any ideas? Advice on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

www.acousticcontrolcorporation.com

www.acousticcontrolcorporation.com

Comment

Doug,

Are you ever going to ship me the inductorsto fix the defective boards you sold me?

Comment

Gee, a person representing the parent company participates in the Forum and gets sideswiped time and again. Hope Doug doesn't say "to hell with helping out".

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny View Post
                  Gee, a person representing the parent company participates in the Forum and gets sideswiped time and again. Hope Doug doesn't say "to hell with helping out".
                  "Time and again"?
                  Gunny you must be new here too, so pay attention.
                  For some of us who have been participating here for many many years, most of his replies look like blatant commercial advertising.
                  I looked at every thread and saw very little real participation on his part.

There are places for commercial advertising (here and other forums) but seeing a string of replies with a company URL for self promotion and no helpful data, text, or any content what so ever, is not in the true spirit of AMPAGE or why the rest of us have been here for so long.
                  Perhaps after some time here you will come to appreciate the pressure some of us put on new participants in order to keep the true spirit of what this self and group help forum really is.
                  I hope he does stick around but start helping rather then advertising.

ADDED:

Here below is a copy of the entire 25 entries from Acoustic Control et al, and you can see how much help this has been:
                  http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...earchid=716591

Compare that to your history below and you'll see you've actually contributed in some kind of meaningful way:
                  http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...earchid=716592
                  Last edited by Bruce / Mission Amps; 02-09-2009, 04:03 PM.
                  Bruce

Mission Amps
                  Denver, CO. 80022
                  www.missionamps.com
                  303-955-2412

Comment

Yep, Bruce. I get it. In my relatively short time here I didn't realize that the forum was being littered with non-technical stuff like that. I stand corrected.
                    I happened to view [only] 2 threads where Doug had replied and on one of them a 'customer' was griping about where's my spare parts for the bad board I was sent? or words to that effect.

I was also a little surprised when he dropped a comment indicating that people on the forum aren't up to speed on solid state troubleshooting. I learned a lot of my stuff the hard way. I'm happy to share info with people and spare them some trouble. Nobody is born knowing all this stuff; it's learned one way or the other.
                    Last edited by Gunny; 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Just to add my 2-cents here.I find the ad dropping a bit ironic being, I have tried to contact Doug several times and have heard nothing back and I live an hour and a half from Salem. i.e. if need be, I could pick up parts, schems, anything to save the hassle of shipping. This type of self-promotion really cramps the style of this forum and is completely unnecessary being there is no benefit to anyone else here and from my experience there is no reciprocation by Doug himself. Completely pointless in my book.

Comment

Lot's of discussion about how Doug "manages" a questionable business ..........

Clip
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the original post:

Low output power in a ACC 370.

Try chasing a signal (150mVpp/100Hz) from the input to the output drivers. You probably have a transistor which is experiencing a collapsing beta (i.e. hfe decrasing due to damage or ionic contamination).

Comment

Bruce: I'm glad that you've stood up here and made your point. I don't know who or what this guy is or who and what he represents, but I agree that this is nothing more than spamming.

At this point I don't care if he's the Acoustic Control Corp CEO or not, if he's not here to help, it'd be better if he's just not here at all.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticcontrolcorporation View Post
                            psst. hey buddy. If you'd read the thread, you might have noticed the OP got his schematic almost 2 years ago. Get with the program, already.

Comment

Working...
                            X