Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Mark VIII bass amp head schematics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Mark VIII bass amp head schematics?

Hey everybody!
    Noob here with my first post hoping someone can hook me up with these schematics and any insite you may be able to provide. Just picked one of these amps up from a friend and am starting to troubleshoot a "no output" condition. I'm an elec. tech by trade so I have access to all the test gear needed, just dont have the schematics! This will be for my personal use once I get it fixed. Thanks in advance!
    Dongee

Peavey is the most customer friendly company in the world, in my opinion. They will send any schematics you request

customerservice@peavey.com

As a tech you know to isolate the problem. Even without schematics, you should be able to identify the power supply. Is ther +/-15v on the corners of the op amps? I forget if that one is quasi- or straight complimentary output, PV likes quasi- a lot, but are both main voltage rails present at the power transistors?

The amp has a power amp on the rear panel and a preamp on the front. There should be some patch jacks. Got preamp out and power amp in jacks? Plug a signal into the power amp in - got sound? Plug a signal into the regular front input, connect the preamp out to some other amp and speaker - got sound coming from the preamp out?

Got "insert" jacks or FX loop jacks? ("Effects" is generally abreviated "FX.") See if any signal comes out them or if you can inject signal to either and get sound out the speakers.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey enzo thanks for the quick response. I've been skimming over on the peavey forum and read some of your posts over there as well. I just ordered some schematics from peavey this morning, talked with mike brown, nice guy. Here's what i've done so far: removed the 602 power board from the chassis
      found a blown t1 a fuse coming off the transformer 3 conductor cable.
      checked all .33 ohm & 5.6 ohm & 2k ohm reistors
      checked for dead short across output
      checked out put transistors for short/opens
      visual for bulging caps or burned components nothing obvious
      all checks have been done cold
      checked all diodes
      I haven't put power on the unit yet, wanted to take a look at things first. I will reassemble and check to see if its power amp or preamp with the line out & fx send and go from there. anything else I should look at before I get it put back together and fire it up?

Comment

Working...
      X