Making Baseplates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Baseplates

I was wondering what baseplate would be the closest to an original paf plate? I am working off of the TTop baseplates, as they look pretty close, other than tooling marks. What do you guys think? Should I run with a ttop baseplate replica?

how close are they to AP's and SM's long leg vintage-style baseplates? or how do they compare and/or how are they different.

They're supposed to meet vintage specs....so they say: rolleyes:
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Close. BAsically when you are replicating Vintage....theres no excuse for a misaligned hole, Etc. I would say very close. The one 's I have may very well be actual baseplates...or the exact same as some original pafs....Obviously they are gibson.I don't know for sure if they changed companys to make baseplates and covers. Im waiting on conformation from Kalmazoo Mi Plant. Makes you wonder. I am sending some pics out to another replicating expert. If all is well, this is what I will run the specs off of.
      I have'nt Never Used allparts. Sm....Not much to say...good stuff, high priced. Not the best though.

I actually think the originals have more nickle content in them. Not the standard 18% that circulates now. Supposedly. rolleyes on that ....LOL

Comment

Working...
      X