B-52 Matrix 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-52 Matrix 2000

I saw an old thread where a guy asked for a B-52 Matrix 2000 schematic.
    There was nothing more to it, anyway I need a schematic for one of these.
    Just the sub amp section is all I need.

It blew F2 a 10A fuse and R56 one of the emitter resisters was hot.
    However P8 (The PNP transistor) pulled from the circuit checks fine.
    Ether this side is carrying all the load or there is something else wrong
    Its probably leaky but I want to check the driver sections and this is a double sided board which would be a pain and too time consuming to trace out.

I sent a request to B-52 but i kind of need it now if possible.
    Thanks All

Got the schematic from B52.
    Ended up not needing it.
    The unit had a ball bearing problem........ Wait for it.
    Wait for it..

When I pulled the sub amp section I found a 1/4" ball bearing stuck to the Collector of one of the PN Transistors.
    It arched to the chassis blowing the fuse.
    Replaced the fuse checked the unit and its good to go.
    The stuff you find in these things.

Comment

LOL!!! That's great. I don't have a repair business but I do have custom builds on the road and I do repairs for friends. Things happen. Usually stupid things that any right thinking person could have avoided. I've seen a few. The best I can do is the "guy spilled a beer in it" story.

I did once use a piece of rubber tube jammed under an eyelet board to stop a vibration problem. Worked great for a little while and then smoke and a smell like burning tires. Turns out it's best not to use black automotive vacuum tube in high voltage applications.

But one of my favorites is in the GW book. Some guy sent his old Fender into Kendrick for repair with a note that said "this amp is shot". Removing the amp from the packaging they found a .38 cal. bullet hole in it.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I found out where the bearing came from. the casters on the unit.
        The owner had a bad caster and flipped the unit upside down and replaced the caster wheel.
        One of the bearings rolled into the unit via the 2 fan vents and "viola" a problem was born.
        Now if I could just find a bar of gold!
        Yea vacuum tube has a lot of carbon in it!
        I did just get a unit that was in a flood.
        Other than dirt and mud in it. it looks OK. I'll clean it up from stem to stern before powering it up.

Comment

I am in the market for Schematics for a B52-Matrix 2000..

dhackd

Originally posted by Techknowman View Post
          I saw an old thread where a guy asked for a B-52 Matrix 2000 schematic.
          There was nothing more to it, anyway I need a schematic for one of these.
          Just the sub amp section is all I need.

It blew F2 a 10A fuse and R56 one of the emitter resisters was hot.
          However P8 (The PNP transistor) pulled from the circuit checks fine.
          Ether this side is carrying all the load or there is something else wrong
          Its probably leaky but I want to check the driver sections and this is a double sided board which would be a pain and too time consuming to trace out.

I sent a request to B-52 but i kind of need it now if possible.
          Thanks All

Comment

Matrix 2000
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X