Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra PT wires in Mission 5E3

Hello,

I just finished my first build, a 5E3 and will be following the startup checklist that Bruce had posted somewhere in the forum earlier. What should I do with the extra PT wires (the red and white, and the blue bias). Is it a good idea to just roll them up and tuck them away? I think from reading another thread they can be used for different types of tubes and an adjustable bias scheme, if I read it correctly. I am going to wait until I receive some input before actually plugging it in. If I decide to leave the wires in, do I just cover the ends with some shrink tubing? I might never use the other options, but I do not know what might happen in the future. Thanks,

gtrplr2

Extra PT wires in Mission 5E3

Hello,

(I posted this in the Mission thread also, but thought I would give it a shot here also) I just finished my first build, a 5E3 and will be following the startup checklist that Bruce had posted somewhere in the forum earlier. What should I do with the extra PT wires (the red and white, and the blue bias). Is it a good idea to just roll them up and tuck them away? I think from reading another thread they can be used for different types of tubes and an adjustable bias scheme, if I read it correctly. I am going to wait until I receive some input before actually plugging it in. If I decide to leave the wires in, do I just cover the ends with some shrink tubing? I might never use the other options, but I do not know what might happen in the future. Thanks,

gtrplr2

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplr2 View Post
      ...If I decide to leave the wires in, do I just cover the ends with some shrink tubing? I might never use the other options, but I do not know what might happen in the future.gtrplr2
      That's what I would recommend. Just coil the extra wires neatly and shrink tube the ends. You could always shorten them later if you change your mind.
      Regards,
      Tom
      Last edited by Tom Phillips; 03-10-2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
        That's what I would recommend. Just coil the etra wires neatly nd shrink tube the ends. You could always shorten them later if you change your mind.
        Regards,
        Tom
        Thanks Tom!

Thats what I was thinking should be done, but I needed a little advice first.

Comment

I just shrink-tubed 'em and tucked 'em in.

Comment

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
            I just shrink-tubed 'em and tucked 'em in.

Thanks TD_Madden!

I am going to shrink them and do the same thing you did, thanks for the advice.

Comment

I snip them off to about 1.5" long, fold the cut end over about 1/4" and slip a 1/2"-5/8" long piece of shrink tube over the folded end.
              Just enough so the folded end shows, then heat it up and stick the wire somewhere out of the way.

Bruce
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
              X