Classic 50 OT replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic 50 OT replacement

I am looking for a replacement OT for a Peavey Classic 50,Any suggestions? By the way how does one get 50 watts out of 4/EL84s I thought 30wts was pushing it?

There's a place on line called Tonehenge that sells a Mercury unit for wayyy too many euro's (230ish). TAD sell one made in germany for 135 euros. Peavey may help if you call them. And I don't think the classic 50 is actually making 50 clean watts BUT I have heard reports that early Traynor amps commonly get over 20 clean watts from a pair of EL84's. I don't believe it though.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Peavey will sell you a replacement transformer. The factory part will be exact and drop right into place. CALL the parts department at the factory.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X