Today's Attempt At Humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Attempt At Humor

This is a real Ebay ad I just found today.

Enjoy...

Stealthtone P90 Stacked Humbucker Pickup Set - eBay (item 300503010790 end time Dec-14-10 19:23:11 PST)

ken
    www.angeltone.com

Don't everyone jump at once!
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I have replaced a few p-100's for customers with a p-90's . I don't think stacked p-90's sound as good as the real thing
      ,But these probably do .So if your lucky you might win your bid & score a set for $800 or more
      happy bidding
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Lots of funny stuff there, like "Click Hear"...

And:

· Precision single point string signal pickup!
        · No metal plates to disrupt magnetic fielded!
        · Same magnetic field shape as classic single coil pickups.
        · Equal number of turns of wire on each coil to maximise hum reduction!
        · Both coils are on the same axes to maximise hum reduction!
        · Both coils output an in-phase string signal to minimise induction loading!
        · Magnetic field strength equal to classic pickups to provide sustain.
        · Ample turns of wire to provide high output.
        · Impedance lower than 500k.
        · Tapped Coil For pickup matching!
        · No Batteries needed.
        · No bar magnets.
        · Patented Technology!

Guitar Pickups Stratocaster & P90 Stacked Humbuckers.

Maybe this patent?

Devers: 20020020281

He's in Melbourne, AU. It's a stack with the like poles of each coil facing each other.

[edit] I did a whois on the domain, and that is indeed the patent holder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20020020281.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	819571
        Last edited by David Schwab; 12-15-2010, 03:21 AM.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

OR:"Stealthtone Guitar Pick-ups pickup the sound of the strings from a single point in much the same way as a single coil guitar pickup to provide the same type of sound as a single coil guitar pickup. The shape and strength of the magnetic field influences the sound of a guitar pick-up. Stealthtone Guitar Pickups have a magnetic field that approximates the shape and strength of classic single coil guitar pickups, to provide the same sound only with humbucking ability.

All this is achieved through a new innovative technology that is exclusive to Stealthtone Guitar pickups. This new technology enables both of the two coils to output the string signal! And both of the two coils to cancel hum and noise! This gives Stealthtone Guitar Pick-ups a true single coil sound! and makes them extremely quiet! "

I'll wager that they in fact do not sound the "same" as single coil pickups. I'm not about to shell out hundreds of dollars to find out if I'm wrong though. Has anyone heard Kinman's hum cancelling p90? I've heard it sounds like a p-90 should but is quieter than a humbucker. Anyone?

Comment

"Both coils are on the same axes to maximise hum reduction!"

Wow, so putting both pickups on the same ax reduces hum? See, and I would buy a set of pickups and put each one on a different guitar! *head slap*

"· No bar magnets."

I'm glad he's doing that to avoid the other bar magnet p-90 clones that are SO unlike the originals that had no...... uhh.... wait a minute...

"· No metal plates to disrupt magnetic fielded! "

Not even touching that one...

I'll be "curtain" to keep watching this, that is for sure!

Comment

Yeah, that guy's definitely playing to the cheap seats.
              "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

He may be listening to us, as I just checked and he lowered his starting bid to $299!

I wonder if it's too late for Christmas delivery?

One more thing... I just saw a Strat version on Ebay too, same price!

ken
                www.angeltone.com

Comment

I think my favorite part is the "HUN-bucker" Too bad he isn't European, or we could have all kinds of fun jokes about the Huns. although, I suppose England did settle Australia after all...

Comment

According to the website, certain models have(and I quote) "Assam sound". They must be good for Indian music.

Comment

I can see it now...

The website will soon sponsor an Indian band called Assam and the Microtones.

ken
                      www.angeltone.com

Comment

Working...
                      X