Fender Roc Pro 700 Humming Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Roc Pro 700 Humming Noise

A friend brought his Fender roc pro 700 to look at . He said it was humming So I hooked it up and It sounded great at my house so I gave it back and then he brought back and said it still does it . SO I hooked up again and sounds fine. So pulled the board and all the solder joints look good and the tube look good but I dont know how to test tubes? The only thing I notice was the big power R108 and R108 had a crack on the top and their was burn mark under Cr30 and Cr29. It dont blow fuses. I dont know where to start ? I need help Thanks

Before you get in over your head have you checked the obvious? Since it functions normally at your house, are you sure his outlets are properly grounded. Many times(especially in rentals or old clubs) they replace old 2 wire recepticles with modern 3 wire ones without hooking up the ground lug. If the amp has a modern 3 wire cord with a chassis ground, and you plug it into an ungrounded outlet, it may hum.

Comment

Ok what I found out was when I turn up the reverb up it gets loud and when I unplug the the reverb tank it dont hum no more Where do I start? Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X