P90 Bobbins - 52mm Pole spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 Bobbins - 52mm Pole spacing

Spent the last hour or so looking for P90 bobbins with 52mm pole spacing - Does anyone know of a supplier or indeed, if they're actually available.

Aren't P-90 bobbins just forbon flatwork with slugs? You could make those easily enough. You'll need to find covers as well but un-drilled covers are available for that.

Comment

Hi David, there are a couple of versions (easiest way to illustrate this is via the new StewMac P90 kits)

With either versions there needs to be a central section to the bobbin with threaded holes for the pole screws. I'm working on a project where these would be ideal if I could get hold of them with 52mm spacing rather than standard 50mm. I can make them myself from forbon with a drilled & tapped central block but was just wondering whether I could buy a number of them 'off the shelf'

Comment

I dont think i have ever seen a P-90 with wider spacing than 50 mm
        you could make them but then you need to find or make a cover with the right spacing as well
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Looks like the keeper and the base-plate would be more of a problem than the cover but I can see why no one has bothered.
          Two millimeters doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort but what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
            I dont think i have ever seen a P-90 with wider spacing than 50 mm
            you could make them but then you need to find or make a cover with the right spacing as well
            Nor have I, was just asking whether anyone has - The Fender Telecaster Black Dove has P90s but I'm guessing thats 50mm spacing as well. It was worth a try - I'll just make them myself.

Looks like the keeper and the base-plate would be more of a problem than the cover but I can see why no one has bothered.
            Two millimeters doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort but what do I know?
            I can use keeper bars from 52mm humbuckers - got plenty of those and don't need the baseplate so that wouldn't be a problem. I know 2mm isn't really a problem and I've wound 50mm P90s to sit at Fender bridge positions before but aesthetically, it would be nice to have the 52mm.

Thanks for your replies though, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X