Yamaha G100 Series III Guitar Amp Schematic/Service Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G100 Series III Guitar Amp Schematic/Service Manual

Does anybody know where I can find this?

Thnx

Our respected fellow Enzo has posted a few of them at Ampix.
    Maybe not that exact one, but most are close enough that a "brother's" schematic may be of great help.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Juan. Unfortunately, the differences between the "brothers" leaves too much to the imagination for a pinhead like me!

Comment

I have the service manual. The schematic is printed on large paper, so I dont have a way of copying it. There was a guy on e-bay selling service manuals for a bunch of different Yamaha models. I do have some scans of particular sections. Is there some area you need specifically?
        Last edited by JoeM; 01-07-2011, 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
        - Yogi Berra

Comment

Thanks for the eBay suggestion, Joe ... and thanks for the offer of partial scans of the schematic.

There's nothing actually broken in the amp right now. I just want to look at the entire schematic to satisfy my curiosity and also to explore the feasibility of modifying the distortion channel to something more to my liking.

I don't see anything currently listed on eBay for that amp and nothing under the completed auctions, but I'm gonna make an eBay search to alert me if something pops up in the near future.

Comment

OK, let me know if I can help.
            "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
            - Yogi Berra

Comment

It is a 3MB file, let's see if the forum will allow it. Nope, too large.

I posted it over at AMpix in the Enzo galleries. This ought to link it.

http://www.ampix.org/albums/userpics...a_G100-III.pdf
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Oh yeah! This is even better than I'd hoped for. Thank you so much, Enzo.

Comment

Congratulations.
                  *Very* good amp, as-is.
                  Don't mess with its distortion, it's way beyond hope and in the process you may easily destroy its clean, warm, defined sound which it's famous for.
                  Just stick your favorite pedal up front, commercial or modded .
                  Good luck.
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yah. Trying to "fix" the distortion would probably be a bigger deal than I care to get into.

I am truly impressed by the sound of this thing. So clear and "High Fidelity" without the harshness I expect from solid state guitar amps. And the parametric eq, even though only one band, makes for an amazingly flexible guitar amp!

Comment

Working...
                    X