X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal pro bass electrics

HI,

can anyone help ?
    I recently acquired a Wal Pro BAss that was very sick. It has now been restored by luthier Tony Revell to a very high strandard but, the sound is awful and I therefore need a schematic or details- any information of the electrics, pickups etc ?

Originally posted by debass View Post
    HI,

can anyone help ?
    I recently acquired a Wal Pro BAss that was very sick. It has now been restored by luthier Tony Revell to a very high strandard but, the sound is awful and I therefore need a schematic or details- any information of the electrics, pickups etc ?
    That's the electronics with the passive tone control, right?

I have the schematic, and also have one of the pickups which I have been reverse engineering.

What sounds awful about the bass?
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Well, it´s totally distorted and no volume - cant describe any other way really.

Would it be possible to recieve a copy of the diagram?

Comment

Send me a PM with your email address.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Hi, I had similar problems with my pro 1 e wal. take off the scratch plate, look at the back of the pots... have they been replaced ? have they been earthed to the back casing ? mine were, I replaced them & earthed them from the bases through the p.c.b . now its great, louder. & clearer.

Comment

Working...
          X