Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size Eyelets used for fender style pups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size Eyelets used for fender style pups?

Hey guys. I need some help here.

Im trying to find a source for eyelets that are the same size as the ones that mojotone flatwork come with. All I can find anywhere are 1/8' which are very slightly bigger. Too big as I'm trying to do some tapped singlecoils and there isnt enough space on the bobbin to fit it in on tele bridges (the plate gets in the way). I ordered some from mojotone, but I also have a bag of the 1/8th ones which I can't remember where I got them from but I suspect its from mojotone anyway.

So does anyone have a source for them that are the same as mojo use in their flatwork? I guess it could work with 1/8' shanks but a smaller flange too.

Thanks guys,

Dave

I did the same thing a while back.
    I made a tapped bridge pickup, I used the mojo eyelets.
    I took a grinder to the plate and made more room.
    Best I remember there wasn't enough room to put a 3rd eyelet regardless of size without cutting out the plate.
    Good Luck,
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Do a search for eyelets here and you'll come up with a bunch of links. I got some from Steven Kersting that were 1/16" o.d. dia I think and then I bought 1000 at mouser of the 3/32" x 3/32" made by keystone with nickel plating (P/N 534-33). All the sizes and tools are available at mouser but you might need to call in the part number as it doesn't always come up in their on-line system. You need a .089" drill which is a #43 for the 3/32". I stake them with an automatic centerpunch from the backside against a chunk of hardened steel and they are then flush with the inside of my 3/32 flatwork so your wraps won't hang up on them. If you get the hole size right they will not come loose. O.D. of the flange is .1425".
      Note that a 3/32" drill is way too big.

The 1/16" size are actually .0595" o.d. and the flange is .106" dia. Drill size is #53 or 1.5mm for a tight fit.

Comment

Mojo sells eyelets that are the same as the ones preloaded in their kits/flatwork... why not use those?

Comment

Thankyou so much David, I places an order with mouser for a bunch (I have hundreds of drillbits so Im set with those)

Funky, I have some on order from mojo but I have a bag of ones that are 1/8 which I thiiiiink i got from them (they're too big) so we'll see what they're like.

Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
          X