Information needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information needed

Hey this is my first time on this forum and I am trying to find information on building pickups. I build primarily 7 string guitars now and want to work on my own type of pickups but I don't know much on it. I have been part of the projectguitar forums but the pickup builders on there weren't very much help and all basically said to figure it out myself like they did. I was refererd to a book but found it is no longer printed or something. I have forgotten what it's called though so if anyone could get me the name so I can look for it or if there is someone who would be willing to sell me one that would be great.

Basically what I am looking for is any information on pickup building I can get. I saw some books on Stewmac.com but didn't kow if they would be any good. Is there anyone with experience on those books?

How many winds make what changes to the tone of a pickup?

I understand how they work and are assembled but not much else so any information would help.

Thanks,

One of the authorities on winding is Jason Lollar.
    His book on winding can be purchased here.
    Pickup Winding Book
    Good Luck,
    Terry
    Last edited by big_teee; 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Working...
    X