Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Eurodesk UB2442FX-PRO

Eurodesk UB2442FX-PRo
    Hi there. I have a Behringer UB2442FX-PRO mixer. I have no right output on the main XLR and 1/4 inch. When the PFL is on it only registers on the left side. Have you seen this before? Sure could use the help.

Thanks

it is normal for the PFL to only register on the left side of the meter. You might want to check to see if you have output on the main insert on the right channel.

Comment

You mean main in? Also, I screwed up. I have right side. No left.

Comment

Behringer Eurodesk 2442FX-PRO

The control room outs left and right work.

Comment

The contol room outs are on a different output amp than the mains. The inserts are on the same circuit and whether or not they work will better help to fine the problem. the main inserts are labled 'Main INS" see if you have any output from those, use a regular 1/4" Tip/sleeve (mono) plug.

Comment

Hi. Left and Right "Mains in" works. I unsoldered and switched the main fader with of sub group 4 fader and now I have Right main but no left. Exact opposite of the original problem. The subgroup fader is the same as the main fader.

Thanks

Comment

I suppose the sub fader might have a problem. How do you test a fader? Thanks for the help

Comment

Ok, that is good info. The main inserts are before the main fader, last gain stage, and output jacks, so you know the problem is one of those three, and it sounds like the fader is the main suspect because you have got output at one time or another recently from both channels via the fader switch endevour. I generally test faders and pots by hooking up an analog ohmeter (Simpson 260) and operating the fader back and forth looking for jumps in the meter needle. Most faders or pots dont go completely bad, they just go intermittent. A good fader will show a steady meter change.

Comment

Fader test? I usually set the board up so signal would be on the suspect one and on a good one next door.

With the mixer on its face, I scope for signal on the good one and see if I get it on the suspect.

With all teh parallel resistances. you can still use an ohm meter. RUn a fader up and down next to a good one, and see if the bad one acts different from the others.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                  X