Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jensen C10N worth repairing?

Hi there,

Any opinions on whether a late 60's (Gibson Thor Bass) C10N is worth reconing, or should we just replace? Cone was pretty much destroyed in shipping, and it's been too long to file a claim...

Thanks in advance,

Justin Thomas
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

It depends on your knowing somebody who has the experience and can get the parts, or not.
    *I* would repair it, no doubt, but my shop is already setup for that.
    If you don't have access to what's needed, the only option left is replacing it with a new one.
    Pity, because C10N are not that common.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

If you are leaning toward replacing the speaker you will find a market for the blown c10n. I have been looking for a c10n for a few months and haven't seen any...blown or otherwise.
      Comfort is a state of mind

Comment

Those are groovy speakers. If you don't want to recone or can't, maybe a shop who could use it might sell you a replacement at cost plus a trade in of the C10N frame. It is probably going to be about the same cost to recone as it is to buy a new replacement. You might luck out and find a used 10" for cheap.

Comment

Working...
        X