Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 DM4 issues

Hey guys,

I have a Line 6 DM4 distortion modeler that recently started making a really bad crackling noise when used. The unit powers on fine and usually sounds okay for about 30 seconds and then begins cutting out until it eventually doesn't produce any sound at all. I'm new to pedal electronics and trying to learn more about circuitry. I also know that these circuit boards are similar to that of the DL4 delay modeler which some of the members have posted extensive repair instructions for. I was hoping that someone would be able to guide me in a direction as to what would be causing this noise. The solder joints on the input and output jack look fine and I've used reliable cables to check the issue. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Duncan

DM4 repairs.

Hello duncan,
    as an authorized Line 6 servicer...on the DM4 & DL4's, we can get the entire boards so cheaply that if the problem is not relatively simple, we merely replace the entire board & charge minimal labor and minimal mark up on the part. Sometimes if the unit is well used, the foot tact switches are wearing out along with whatever is wrong with the board, too.

We do ok on the repair & the customer doesn't have to turn the pedal into a doorstop because of labor costs to troubleshoot the board. Often the IC's aren't even available, even through Line 6.

I'd rather not do board replacement but from an economical standpoint running a business with overhead, 5 techs, and nearly 2weeks backlog, it just makes better sense for us.

That probably doesn't help you much. We might be able to help you if you send me an email at glen@marsamprepair.com...glen

Comment

Working...
    X