Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running combo pre and amp into a bass cabinet

Hi,
    If I were to make a cabinet with a 15" or 18" speaker, and then ran it from the "output" of either Crate v18 (18 watt amp) combo tube amp or Bugera 5v (5 watt amp) combo tube amp, would that work as a bass head/cabinet combo. I know folks say to not play bass through a guitar tube amp b/c it can damage the speaker, so here I'm essentially putting a bass speaker into a separate cabinet - so would that work then?
    Thanks

Sure. Go for it. With either of those amps you'll certainly get a unique bass sound, but not loud enough for band applications.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks, how many watts do you need to run a bass for a live show in a small room? Like that hold 50 people?

Comment

Depends what sort of band you're playing with. If you're doing jazz in a coffee shop, maybe you would get away with 18 watts. If you were playing with (against? ) a rock drummer you'd need at least 100.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
        X