Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Blues Junior missing input beauty ring

Hey guys

I have orig tweed blues junior (94-95 I think). I am 99% certain it had a white ring around the input jack. It is gone! Any one know where to get one. I can not even find one with google except for one guy saying he has seen two amps with it missing:

Looks like the Fender Part Number is 037036, which I can not find either

BLUES JUNIOR SERVICE MANUAL

A parts place had Fender pc mount input jacks, but mojo has 4 pin and 9 Fender mount jacks, any one know which is the correct one just for info:
    Mojotone Amplifier and Guitar Jacks

Also, the Fender mojo jacks do not have the plastic ring. I think it is called the beauty ring:
    FenderŪ Lounge • View topic - Blues Jr. missing beauty ring on input jack

Jack itself is tight, not cracked and working. Right now I would just like to have the little ring that fits around the jack.

Any one have a source on said rings?

I doubt you'll find just the ring. I usually save old jacks for that reason so when I need one I just dig through my salvage. Some newer jacks don't have the ring any more, probably for that very reason, they always fall out. I think that amp uses the 4 pin jack. I've replaced alot of those with switchcraft metal jacks. You just pigtail the leads from the jack to the PC board.

Comment

I have to tell you that I have never seen a white beauty ring on one of these, and we've worked on a lot of these. 037036 is the replacement jack part number, which in fact, has been changed to 099-0912-000, when Fender went from bulk to individually-packaged parts.

If the jack is tight and has a nut on it, then there couldn't have been anything under it. If the nut is missing, then it's possibility. Did the jack somehow have a plastic nut on it? They do come in a few colors, white being one of them.
      John R. Frondelli
      dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

I read that post on the Fender site and I think what you are referring to is not a beauty ring but an insert which was part of the jack. A beauty ring is strictly cosmetic.
        What it sounds like from the other post is that an inner part of the jack (white round plastic insert) would pop out and the jack would no longer hold the plug securely.
        Sounds like they changed vendors of the part for that reason and the new ones probably have a black insert that doesn't come loose.
        The insert would not be available separately and if yours is missing you would have to replace the whole jack.

edit: Inner sleeve is probably a better description than insert. If memory serves, we tried gluing them in early on but they still popped out and the jacks would have to be replaced.
        Last edited by g1; 01-24-2011, 04:56 PM.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It was probably mostly cosmetic, buy may have given it a little extra support. I have been looking around on the floor several times today, as I have always found it in the past when it popped off.

I may be wrong about the color, it has been a while.

Looking at the top of the amp, the out put jack has the nut on top holding the jack tight. What I refer to was a (I think plastic) barrel that slipped over what was left of the plastic input jack that protrudes a little above the metal nut. I am talking 1/8" to 1/4" tall...very small little part.

Again, probably mostly for looks, but maybe a little extra support?

Hope that explains it.

Yea, I called Fender today. New Part is 0990912000 and does not show the plastic washer or barrel.

Probably better to go with switchcraft or BLIM kit (like $10)...when time.

Thanks for replies guys

Comment

Working...
          X