Guitar Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Noise

I have a Schecter Damien FR with EMG HZ Pickups that came stock(passive versions of the popular 81,85 set used commonly in metal); and no matter what cables or amps I am using, even with somewhat low gain settings, I get feedback when I am not playing. I have tried different distances as well(I usually use a 20' Monster Cable). I am wondering if bad soldering or wiring could be the issue. I have used different guitars with the same pickups and they didn't have this problem. If more information is needed, let me know. Thanks for the help everyone.

Originally posted by .Brandon View Post
    I have a Schecter Damien FR with EMG HZ Pickups that came stock(passive versions of the popular 81,85 set used commonly in metal); and no matter what cables or amps I am using, even with somewhat low gain settings, I get feedback when I am not playing. I have tried different distances as well(I usually use a 20' Monster Cable). I am wondering if bad soldering or wiring could be the issue. I have used different guitars with the same pickups and they didn't have this problem. If more information is needed, let me know. Thanks for the help everyone.
    Yes I would remove the back cover, and start wiggling stuff when your plugged in.
    Make sure all your solder connections are good.
    Then if it still does it I would start remove things from the circuit and isolate things.
    I would go as far as wiring one pickup to one pot, or just one pickup direct to the jack.
    You can do that and control the volume with the amp controls.
    However much you isolate, be sure and keep the bridge grounding wire grounded to something in the circuit.
    Actually I would make sure you have the bridge grounded first.
    Hollar back, and tell us what you find, and if you can't fix it we will go from there.
    Good luck.
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Thank you, it will be a couple weeks before I get home unfortunately, but when I do I will certainly give this a go.

Comment

I get feedback when I am not playing.
        "Feedback" describes a lot of different things and there are all sorts of parts on a guitar that could lead to that, especially in a high gain situation with powerful pickups. Do you mean the strings feed back and you can damp it by putting a hand on them? That's unavoidable and may be a feature.

Or is there something that screeches horribly? It probably isn't the pickups themselves, EMGs are very good that way. But something is loose and vibrating, pickplate, bridge pieces, springs, something. The trick will be hunting it down and tightening or deadening it.
        My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X