Delta Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Blues

Hey everyone, Is there a way to make the Delta Blues 115 into a head? And I would like to run it through a 2X12 cab and a 2X15. How would I go about doing that? How many ohms would each speaker have to be?

Sure there is. Unplug the on-board speaker and install and hook up a mono jack (socket) to the internal speaker wires - I did that with my C30 (same basic amp). The C30/DB combos are configured to run a 16R on-board speaker and another 16R extn speaker, which when plugged into the (switching) extn jack socket, is configured to switch all speakers over to the 8R secondary tap on the OT. By building in a jack socket for the on-board speaker, you can run either 1 x 16R (in the on-board socket) or 2 x 16R (one in each socket) or 1 x 8R (in the extn socket only) whilst still getting the 'correct' reflected load.

You just have to make sure you have the correct leads going to the respective tip and sleeve contacts on the new socket - one of the internal speaker leads off the board (can't remember which colour but its easy enough to figure out by looking at the layout board pic) is connected to ground. 2CW
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

How many ohms would each speaker in the 2X12 and the 2X15 cabinets? Thanks for your reply tubeswell.

Comment

total of 16R in each case

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Head

Okay, thank you. Do you know how I would go about turning that into a head. It has the knobs on the top. most head cabs do not.

Comment

Why not make a tweed style head cab for the cahssis so that the knobs are on top? Seems the easiest thing to do

Comment

I don't necessarily know how to do that. I'm only 15. Could you tell me some pointers?

Comment

get some wood-working tools - a jig saw, a drill (and some bits), screwdriver, a plane etc and some pine, screws, glue etc and make the cab. If in doubt for dimensions, just copy the DB combo - but make it a bit shorter. Cover it with some tolex when you're done - there you go.

If you can't do wood-working, then pay someone to do it for you, or go buy a cab off the shelf

Good luck, and feel free to post the results when you're done

Comment

Thanks a lot sir. And I will.

Comment

Working...
                  X