Fender Dual Showman Red Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Dual Showman Red Knob

I've searched all the usual places, couldn't find this schematic. This site has a link to one, but the link is dead and I couldn't find anywhere to contact the administrators. Does anybody happen to have this schematic?

Red Knob Twin Schematic

The Red Knob Twin is the same amp.
    Schematic attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks to be pretty similar, right off the bat though, I see that the fuses are different values, (the schematic says 7A and 8A, my amp is clearly marked 4A for one, not marked on the other). I'm concerned that other values might be different as well...

Comment

They're both 100W, 4x6L6 amps, the twin is the combo version, the dual-showman should be the same without speakers. Are you on 120VAC ?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes, I'm on 120V.

Amp:

Schematic:

Comment

I think somebody made a mistake on that schem. The fuse values don't agree with what the parts list says. Going by the parts list, F301 should be 4A (external fuse), F302 should be 5A (internal). For the export (240VAC) it says 2A & 2.5A. Seems to me all the red knob "The Twin" amps I saw had 4A fuses too.
            The chassis and schematic for the dual-showman and the twin should be the same.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Great, thanks! I'll go with the 4A and 5A. The 5A internal should be a slow blow as well, correct? Can someone explain to me the purpose of having two fuses in series like that? It seems like either the 4A is going to blow or they're both going to blow if the current gets high enough fast enough, so why not just have the 5A?

Comment

Maybe they did that in case someone puts in an incorrect replacement.
                (ie: aluminum foil wrapped around the failed fuse)
                (20 amp fuse)
                Don't laugh.
                I have seen it!

Comment

Ah, the ol' idiot proofing by design. Makes sense.

Comment

definitely idiot proofing, Amp did the same with internal pigtail fuses.

Comment

I think you mean Ampeg? Yes, one step ahead...

Comment

Originally posted by PepeSilvia View Post
                        Great, thanks! I'll go with the 4A and 5A. The 5A internal should be a slow blow as well, correct?
                        Yes, both the 4 & the 5 amp fuses are time delay (slo blo)

Comment

Working...
                        X