Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To whoever recently sold Animal Magnetism over Amazon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To whoever recently sold Animal Magnetism over Amazon...

...thank you. I can only assume it was one of you gentlemen off the MEF forum - the second-hand copy I ordered from Amazon book arrived in near-pristine condition.

More importantly - the previous owner left some pretty helpful notes, especially around diagrams and assemblies, in very legible handwriting. For someone not that proficient in pickup-specific English, it cleared many things up.

Now that I'm done with university courses, maybe I'll finally wind something.
    Last edited by Stealth; 02-03-2011, 04:05 PM.
    Pickup prototype checklist: [x] FR4 [x] Cu AWG 42 [x] Neo magnets [x] Willpower [ ] Time - Winding suspended due to exams.

Originally posted by David Schwab
    Then you have neos... which is a fuzzy bunny wrapped in barbed wire.

Wasn't me! I still have my copy. I bought mine back in the 90s.

It's a neat book. Doesn't really tell you how to wind a pickup, but has a lot of cool ideas. You can see the early inspiration for the Q-Tuners in there.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Which project from the book would be the one that lead to the Q-Tuners, the design with two side-blades? I've noticed one of the designs that works similar to Wal pickups (the low-Z, individual coil project).
      Pickup prototype checklist: [x] FR4 [x] Cu AWG 42 [x] Neo magnets [x] Willpower [ ] Time - Winding suspended due to exams.

Originally posted by David Schwab
      Then you have neos... which is a fuzzy bunny wrapped in barbed wire.

Comment

LOL, I thought this was going to be about The Scorpions!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
          Which project from the book would be the one that lead to the Q-Tuners, the design with two side-blades? I've noticed one of the designs that works similar to Wal pickups (the low-Z, individual coil project).
          Yeah, the two side blades, and just the clear pickups in general. After all it is the same guy making them. I don't have my book handy at the moment.

Bill Bartolini was making pickups with individual coils a few years before Ian Waller was doing it.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
          X