Axe-fx with tube amp re-wired or another new amp purcahse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe-fx with tube amp re-wired or another new amp purcahse

what new rig, choices are 1. fractal axe -fx wired to old traynor yba-3 amp re-wired bypassing the preamp, this traynor is over 200 watts and huge transformers meaning great lowes Or 2. mod the traynor for more gain, but not sure how it will sound ? or leave it alone and buy new amp 3.diezel/wizard/pwe/bogner/caa amps with a couple pedals. ? i don't tour so 1,00,000 watts not required, but good sound is important. what r your thoughts?

I think if you got an Axe-FX, you would find yourself wanting a stereo rig to make use of the stereo effects. So add another Traynor to the shopping list.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Yes and no to stero effects but if I run the axe fx bypassing the preamp section of the trAynor into the phase inverter will this setup work well/ sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by pstar View Post
        Yes and no to stero effects but if I run the axe fx bypassing the preamp section of the trAynor into the phase inverter will this setup work well/ sound right?
        I expect it'll do fine. Might want a level control on the amp so the parts count would be a couple of jacks, I'd use a normaling contact on the "return" a couple resistors and a cap and say a 1Meg pot so now you've got a master volume.
        My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X