Sunn cab w/2x15" Altecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn cab w/2x15" Altecs

I have a Late 60s cab with model 515B Lansings.Was that a stock thing? Thanks. I would like to post Pics but don't know how! pb

I am assuming that by "Lansings" you mean JBL. Are your speakers 15"s? I have seen 60's Sunns with JBL D130Fs, JBL D140Fs and a model Sunn had done special for them by JBL named the D15S. Then there were the Sunn speakers that were not made by JBL. There was the Coliseum sound system that used a three way speaker with JBL components. The low range speaker was a 130AS. Sorry, I don't recall SUNN using a 515B. Maybe someone else will chime in.
    Regards,
    Tom

Comment

i have the same cabinet, they are with Altec Lansing metal cast speakers, 2 15's they weigh about 100 lbs!

Altec Lansing was the parent company of JBL and these were the best speakers of the day

Comment

Slightly OT...
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altec_Lansing
        This Wikipedia article is interesting. It seems that Altec bought the original Lansing company and formed Altec Lansing. James Lansing then went on separately to form JBL and was a competitor to Altec Lansing.
        And here I always thought that Altec Lansing and JBL were intertwined....two brothers who couldn't get along so one left to form Altec Lansing as an offshoot of JBL.

Comment

Altec Lansings were an available upgrade for many manufactures. The purpose was for better power handling capacity and less breakup. In short a cleaner sound. This was probably a bass guitar cabinet or a PA cabinet for a biamp system.

Comment

Working...
          X