Kustom Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom Charger

I am busy restoring a Kustom Charger 150W Bass amp. I am looking for the amplifier and chassis part in any condition. I have a decent cabinet and speaker but amplifier is missing.

I'm sorry I don't have a Charger chassis for you. I just restored a Kustom Charger myself. I use it in our rehearsal room now. I love the lows that come from it and the overall sound is fine. I play a lot of JJ Cale kinda stuff. Now this amp is a 75 Watt amp and it needs a 8 Ohm speaker, but it's loud! The big filter capacitors were leaking so i had to put some new caps in. It needed a bit of a addaptation because you just can't get them big size 2500UF/50VDC caps anymore. Be sure you fix them tight, they will get a lot of earthquake trembling. Don't throw away the bolts that come from the capacitors, these have the right size to fix your chassis to the cabinet.The pilot light was broken too. You'll need a GE335 (28 volts / 40 ma). By the way: Koos, Dutch???

Comment

Hi Blindmouse

Sorry for taking so long before I replied. Thanks for your response. Your amp looks beautiful. I am still looking for a chassis. This amp I am trying to restore was used by me as high school boy way back in 1975/76. It changed owners a couple of times since then. A friend of a friend of a friend told me about this Kustom amp in somebody's garage used as a speaker box. And there I found my amp again in 2009. Still with the same blue paint spots on the back and underneath! But without the amplifier chassis. Maybe one day I will findthe hardware.

Koos (not dutch - South African)

Comment

Hope you will find the amplifier chassis again. Good luck!

Comment

I have a Kustom Charger bass amp. The cabinet is in very good codition. I am presently having the amplifier checked out. I may be willing to part with it. If you are still searching for one.

I am in the United States.

Comment

Working...
          X