49.2mm P90 covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49.2mm P90 covers

Who sells them? Not Allparts (at least not on the site), not GJ, not Mojo. GJ was kind enough to stick me, uh, er... send me some 49 bobbins but have no 49 covers.

While we're at at it, who makes the 50mm bobbins GJ used to sell? They were taller than what everybody sells now by about 1mm, but suddenly everybody's bobbins have osteoporosis or something and are stooping about 1mm lower.

I don't know of anyone selling 49.2mm covers. The original 50's and 60's p-90 bobbins are 1 15/16". This is the 1st time that I've heard of anyone selling 1 15/16" bobbins. Everywhere I've seen sells 1 31/32" and the associated covers.

You can always make your own covers by vacuforming styrene. I make my own covers and jonson was a great help when I was getting started. The only other option that I can think of is to find covers with no holes and then drill your own.
    Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

GJ is selling 49.2's:

Got Guitar Parts? : Guitar Jones USA

Now just before this post I got a guy querying me about a "quantity" order of F-spaced P90's. It never ends. I sure don't want to tell him no...

Comment

Zhang:
        I looked at GJ and I see where they sell 2 different bobbins, one 49.2 and one 50mm.
        They only sell one cover a 50mm. So maybe if you haven't used the 49.2 you could exchange them?
        I don't know why you would sell 2 bobbins and only 1 cover???
        Good Luck,
        Terry
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

TV jones sells covers in black and cream with no holes. Nice covers too

Comment

I don't understand how they make a p90 fit a standard humbucker hole! The coil is wide and flat! I don't see how it would fit.
            Anyone care to explain?
            Thanks! - Cru

Comment

Working...
            X