Wanted - Experienced Amp Builder For Custom 5E3 Sized Made-To-Order Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Experienced Amp Builder For Custom 5E3 Sized Made-To-Order Build

I am looking for an experienced amp builder to build me a custom, single channel guitar amp in a 5E3 chassis. Any volunteers or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by francis57 View Post
    I am looking for an experienced amp builder to build me a custom, single channel guitar amp in a 5E3 chassis. Any volunteers or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

What's your budget, and your time frame ?
    Head, or a combo ?
    With, or without Power Scaling ?
    two knob tone stack, or three ?
    5 watt 6V6, or 10 watt 6L6 ?

-g

Comment

"Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

More Info...

I'm a player of 1930s - 1970s standards/pop/rock'n'roll/rock/r&b/soul. I'm not some bedroom wanker who uses an oscilloscope to evaluate his tone. I like things organic, simple, solid, warm and effective. I avoid complicated. My GNX4 gives me more than enough of that in the tone department. I am looking for a designer & builder for the following:

5E3 sized chassis nicely grounded, quiet, isolated & without finish or graphics so I can drop the project right into a Mojo or Newell 5E3 cab with my own speaker;
        2 x 6V6s;
        FUSE;
        1/4" IN;
        ON / STANDBY / OFF toggle;
        1/2 POWER toggle (to split the 6V6s to run one or two)
        BASS / MID /TREBLE (AB763 voiced like a blackface Deluxe)
        EFFECTS LOOP (as transparent as possible)
        SPEAKER OUT
        15 - 20 watts output

JJ/EH/Sovtek/Tung Sol tubes are fine. I can't afford Telefunkens or Bugle Boys and Mullards are over rated, over priced and the worst tube value on the planet. I don't need knobs, a handle, feet, a cage, a head cab, etc. Just the chassis biased and ready to go...

For any prospective volunteer, you can check me out on eBay. Look up item 110648527747. I'm the seller. I'm not looking for a Dumble builder or Aspen Pittman. Used parts are fine. I'm an environmentalist: I would prefer them however new pots, switches and jacks would be nice. If I could get Mark Bartel to build me a Tone King Imperial with an effects loop, a 1/2 power switch and minus the Lead/Overdrive Channel, Reverb & Tremolo, I'd be in heaven.

I can buy a FRENZEL SDP with 6L6s, fully decked out, caged and shipped for $750 right now so it would be nice if this 'garage build' would come in significantly under that. I'm not looking for Kye Kennedy. I'm looking for Dr. Emmett Brown.

I hope that helps...

Comment

As for time frame, there's no threat that Keef will call me to replace an ailing Ronnie Wood on the next Stones tour so if I could get it in 30 - 60 days that would be great. 90 if the price is better.

Comment

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Damn dude! I'd do it for 666bucks, but I need 99days at least. Too bad.

Comment

............ BWAAAAHAHAHAHAhaha...(deep breath, sigh)... BWAAAAHAHAHAHAhahaaaaa.. Oooooo.

Comment

Originally posted by francis57 View Post
                  As for time frame, there's no threat that Keef will call me to replace an ailing Ronnie Wood on the next Stones tour so if I could get it in 30 - 60 days that would be great. 90 if the price is better.
                  The total cost of just the parts would almost be about that much... Maybe you could find it in a kit form, and build it yourself..

-g

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                    agreed.

ok, can't resist.

I am a software developer. I like looking at craigslist for potential clients. This post reminds me of one of these:

"
                    Seeking a software developer that has 10+ yrs of the following: Java, PHP, .NET, CSS, Python, Perl, C++, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, OOP, Javascript (jquery, extjs, and prototype) HTML5, GIT, CVS, SVN, SOLR, Hadoop, ActiveMQ, Linux, APache, Tomcat, Websphere. Must be able to work long hours without much pay. Must provide computer and workspace and benefits. I can/will replace you with an Indian contractor who has written an html page once and almost speakes inglish and is smarter that you, so you had better be ask for < less than 20 $ an hour. I have an idea for a startup that will change the world by going viral. I am no basement wanker, I have 30 years of experience managing sanitation workers and also poses superior intillect to what you have.
                    "

In closing, good luck with that.
                    Last edited by cminor9; 02-14-2011, 04:06 AM.
                    In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

Comment

hm, no takers. Why on earth would that be?

Comment

Just checked the "profile". Only 1 visit (me). Doesn't mean he hasn't had a PM but...

Comment

Dear Francis57
                            If you can:
                            I can buy a FRENZEL SDP with 6L6s, fully decked out, caged and shipped for $750 right now so it would be nice if this 'garage build' would come in significantly under that.
                            please do.
                            The price quoted is very low; time frame is, as you state, "right now", no option can match that.
                            I see you like to bet.
                            Specifically you are betting that an unknown garage builder will supply the *same* product as an established, commercial one.
                            The amount you are betting is the potential difference between $750 and what that hypotetical still undiscovered genius garage builder might charge.
                            To use some hard numbers; *suppose* the garage build costs a full U$S 200 less.
                            *If* the product is exactly the same as the one you mentioned, you won $200.
                            What *if* it's not?
                            In fact both can't be compared, because you would agree up to 90 days delay; so you would hypotethically save 200/90=2.22 U$S a day.
                            Is it *really* worth it?
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Well I guess its gonna be a fully decked out frenzy
                              Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
                              X