Sunn & Peavey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn & Peavey

I have a Peavey Valve King head about 3 years old running through a 4x12 Krank cab, I'm about to buy a stock vintage Sunn 2000S head, the Peavey has a Ohm selector switch on it for 4,8 and 16. Is their any way I can run both heads through the cab, can someone give me some info on this matter?

If you mean you want to use both amps at the same time, you would have to rewire the cab. to be a stereo cab. with 2 separate inputs.
    One amp would drive 2 of the 12's the other amp would drive the other 2. The impedance of each pair of 12's would depend on what the impedance of each speaker is and how they are wired (series or parallel).
    Otherwise, never connect 2 amplifiers to the same mono spkr. cabinet.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info man, I do have another question, after the rewire can I still use just one head on the cab? Oh and I don't know if this helps you but the cab is a parallel 16 ohm.

Comment

It is possible to wire a cab with two jacks so that one gives the full cab, the other only half the cab and both gives two separately wired pairs of speakers. I'd see about just installing a prewired Marshall jack cup, all the work is done.
        My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

I have that either/or setup on a mesa cab, and I consider it a bit dodgy. It's a great idea, but relies on a switching jack that seems a bit cheap. Thinking of rewiring it to use a jumper when I don't need separate inputs, then I'll have one more cable to lose but less worries about my speaker load! It's nice to use it as a stereo cab occasionally.
          Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Working...
          X