weberszz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weberszz!

just baught a pair of weber 12f150 8ohm 50w for my fender twin RI. ive done so much research of speakers lately i think my heads going to explode..so i just baught these. does anyone have this combo?

What is the power rating of your amp? If it is 100W then 50W speakers (combining for 100W) may be low. It's easier on the speakers to be rated somewhat higher than what the amp can put out.

Also what is the output impedance of your amp? Two 8 Ohm speakers will be 4 Ohms if connected in parallel and 16 Ohms if connected in series. Your amp has to be able to match one of those impedances.

Comment

the amp is 8 ohm. 85 watts.

Comment

EDIT: the amp has an impadence of 4 ohms my mistake

Comment

You're good for impedance.

You should be ok for power rating if you're not overdriving the power amp. If you are then I'm not so sure. Perhaps some others will weigh in on this.

Comment

Also there are user reviews on the Weber site of many of their speakers. I think you get to it from the links: contacts, speaker resources IIRC.

Comment

Weber tries to be conservative with the power rating on their speakers, so they probably will survive the abuse of the Twin reverb. Even if you blow the speakers up, Weber can recone them for $25 a pop.

Comment

Working...
              X