Fender Blues Junior Reverb Cutting In/Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Blues Junior Reverb Cutting In/Out

I recently picked up a brand spankin' new BJRIII. However, I've had the amp for two days now and already i've noticed that the reverb will cut out entirely, randomly, and then back in while I play. This is very noticeable.

Additionally, I can hear a distinct static-type sound that accompanies the reverb fading in and out.

I practice quite a bit at home - within an apartment complex - and thus I have an attenuator hooked up to it. I've disconnected it and tried the amp naturally and the issue remains. I have also hooked various guitars into it with no results.

I have little to no experience with tube amp electronics, any insight would be much appreciated.

A brand new amp?
    I would take it back!
    Really.

Comment

It is brand new, it came with a warranty, take it back. That is what warranties are for.

Attenuators have nothing to do with reverbs. Most likely a poor connection somewehere in the reverb circuits.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

True on the warranty or you could try exercising the reverb tank jacks by plugging and unplugging to see if that eliminates the intermittent reverb effect.

Comment

Originally posted by pecorporation View Post
          True on the warranty or you could try exercising the reverb tank jacks by plugging and unplugging to see if that eliminates the intermittent reverb effect.
          Exactly the same advice he got over at the Strat-Talk forum. Check the connections to the reverb tank. If they're OK, take it back and ask for a new one!

Comment

Working...
          X