Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tube Driver & BK Butler ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 6/0
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Eagle View Post
    To obtain a larger signal output by the Blue Tube you could match it with a good booster. As for the hum, I fear that in a small container so it is virtually impossible to eliminate it, wanting to keep us inside the transformer.
    As for the output buffer would indicate you a JFET circuit I have already successfully tested in different contexts, and also tends to warm the sound. Just enough time to scan the schematic ...
    Yeah, I was going to use a JFET buffer.

There are threads on other forums where apparently the owners of Blue Tubes have removed the transformer from the case, and also used tube shields and the like, and have not eliminated the hum. It's only present when the tube is in the circuit, and mine is not as loud as some people report.

I had a gig this past weekend and my Blue Tube was DOA! Usually that means the tube became lose in the socket, but that wasn't the case this time. I got it working only to have it stop making sound again. So I'm going to have to look it over to see where the problem is. Might be time to leave it home and build a replacement.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Keep the transformer and the power supply circuit by the circuit that processes the signal is often not sufficient.
    In my experience, I learned that it is necessary to filter well the tensions that fuel circuits, both tube and solid state that this is also true for the signal tube filaments (such as our small NOVAL).
    On the picture of my avatar you see the two heat sink that mounting the uA7806’s that fueled the filaments of the two 12AU7 (Philips JAN 5814A) of the front end stage (parallel SRPP directly connected to the grid of the 300B, its filament was powered by a LM338K mounted on the rear). And it was a power stage, not signal...
    In the prototype of my two-valve version of the Tube Driver ALL voltages are thoroughly filtered and then adjusted using IC's. And I can say I achieved a very good result, although the size stomp boxes will necessarily larger than usual... I do not want to apply a output buffer to my overdrive, but I suggest you try this schematic because in other applications it gave me great results (especially when the jack that connects the pedal to the amplifier is long).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOOTSTRAP JFET BUFFER 100412 Copia.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	362.7 KB 
ID:	18076

Last edited by Walking Eagle; 04-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    tyhhnujujukmukjejueu

Thread Information