bugera 6262 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugera 6262 combo

I have Bugera 6262 combo that was working great. I got it for Christmas and use it a little a few days a week. The power lights come on in the front but the tubes do not light up and of course no sound. Does anyone know what might cause this? The fuse is good.

I would advise that you take the amp back to the purchaser & ask for a new one.
    These amps had an issue with a circuit board connector that was prone to failure.
    The "solution" is to remove the header & hardwire the wires directly to the circuit board.
    As I understand it, Bugera has "upgraded" the connection.

Comment

Bugera now hard wires them at the factory, and it is a warranty repair to make the modification if the unit is original.

And it may not be that anyway. I recall that problem as early, before they were even making combos.

In any case, warranty repair or fix it yourself, the loss of heater power should be simple to fix.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks guys. I took it back and they will repair it.

Comment

Well I got it back after 6 weeks (the repair center was only 60 miles away) and today, one week later it starts popping and after a bright flash it is dead again. No lights or anything. I love this amp but dang this is getting bad. I will take it back Monday but I don't know if I should demand a refund or have it repaired again.

Comment

Working...
          X