Alamo Electra Twin Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alamo Electra Twin Ten

unit has 2 channels, one with vibrato. can't seem to find schematics anywhere and have been searching for the last ten years... does anyone know of anywhere that might have them or have a copy themselves. electronic or hard copy either one.
    thanks,
    will

Hi
    Are you trying to service one? or do you just want to document one?

Those old amps are not very complex, sit down with a tube guide to provide the connection arrangenemts for the tubes, and draw up a schematic. I have done that countless times.

If it has a problem, what might that be? Tube amps all tend to be about the same. Oh they may sound different or have various features missing or included, but really, they are all darn similar. Usually easy enough to track things down.

Two channels, one with trem. That means no reverb? And is the trem control speed only, depth not adjustable? There are a lot of old simple amps out there that had various brand names stuck on them, but were really the same amp underneath.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i've got one and have never found any schemos for it. i was thinking of changing it around and make one channel an overdrive/dirty channel using the tremolo pots for gain. it has a jack for a reverb tank on it but no onboard reverb. i'll have to try that since i've got the "head" out of it, (it's a combo type). and i've got the tube compliment on a decal on the inside of the chassis.

Comment

If you want to heavily mod it, you might as well strip it and build whatever you want and can be made using that tube complement.
        What tubes does it use?
        Any chassis pictures?
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X